Glasgow Part Time Acting Classes
Our part-time students work on stage and screen. People laugh when you say you want to be an actor, but trust us, they soon change their tune when you start getting work.
But whether you're interested in an acting career, raising your confidence, meeting new people, or a creative experience, this is where to start.
We're guessing you’ve always wanted to give acting a real go, but life or a lack of confidence got in the way.
OR you've tried every acting class in Glasgow and beyond...
Maybe you were afraid to try it because of what people might say, or in case you discovered you were no good at it. You think you’re too old. You think you don’t have enough experience.
You just want to try it out, it’s been a lifelong desire that just never happened - and now you’re regretting it. You’re thinking about it as a career, or perhaps as a hobby for your precious spare time.
Anyone can explore acting at Acting Coach Scotland, because our classes are tailored directly to each student’s needs.
Or you could keep dreaming and put it off for another few years...
Give us 8 weeks and you'll be hooked on Acting for life!
- You can soon be on your feet, having fun, learning exciting new skills, meeting new people and experiencing your first acting class. Choose your class below.
COURSES WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING:
|Click below to find out more.|
|Fearless Shakespeare Zoom Course||Thursdays from 28th Jan
8-9pm for 4 weeks ON ZOOM
|Stage 2: Getting Into Screen Acting Zoom Course*||Saturdays from 16th Jan
2-5pm for 4 weeks ON ZOOM
|Intro to Mastering the Monologue Zoom Course||
Wednesdays from 17th Feb
|Stage 1: Intro to Acting||
Mondays from TBD
|Stage 3: Improv||
Thursdays from TBD
|Stage 1: Intro to Acting||Saturdays from TBD
11-1pm for 8 weeks
|General American 2#
||Mondays from TBD
6:30-7:30pm for 6 weeks
|Stage 2: Screen Acting Intensive*||
Weekend 20th & 21st Feb
* Intro to Acting Required to take this course.
# Training or Experience Required - Contact Us For More Details.
Before you book your place, please read our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Part-Time Acting Courses
LOOKING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GETTING STARTED IN ACTING? OUR eBOOK IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM STAGE 1
- Receive an exciting introduction to the basics of acting technique
- Gain confidence in yourself and in front of others
- Meet new people with a similar interest
- Explore acting as a hobby or as a possible career
- Learn how to analyse a scene professionally
- Discover how to deliver believable performances that are compelling
- Explore our unique acting technique in a fun, friendly and safe environment
- Build rapport and chemistry with other actors on stage and screen
- Learn a new vocabulary of acting: that allows you to communicate with other actors and creatives
- Develop memorisation and line learning skills
- Discover the tools and techniques that professional actors use to create compelling performances.
- Act in scenes every week
- Explore the technique of Practical Aesthetics
- 20 Credit Points towards the Acting Coach Scotland Certificate in Acting
"I've been with ACS for just over two years, taking both private 1-2-1 tuition and group classes. I joined with no prior acting experience, and wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was a very practical approach to acting where the coaches continue to push you forward. It has been very challenging, and I've struggled quite a bit, but have always felt the studio and coaching team behind me. It is well priced, fits in with my schedule, introduced me to range of new, exciting people, and has given me the confidence to perform. Will continue to train here and be pushed further."Judy Alfreti
what comes next...
Welcome to Stage 2 at Acting Coach Scotland. In this Stage, you have the choice of 4 courses to take. Getting into Screen Acting, the Essentials of Stage and Screen Acting, Preparing for Performance and Bulletproof Audition Skills.find out more
free pdfwritten by mark westbrook
One of the biggest obstacles to a successful acting career is the inner critic, the voice in your head, but there are many more.
In this free advice guide, Acting Coach and Performance Psychology expert Mark Westbrook outlines the most common inner obstacles to success and offers you insightful and practical tools for overcoming them.
fancy a chat?
We want to hear from you. If you have questions or queries, our Admin Team would love to answer them for you. Our office hours are typically Monday-Thursday, 3:30-9:30pm and 10am-2pm on Saturdays. Get in touch today.
- +44 (0)141 440 1272