Part-Time Diploma in Acting for Stage and Screen at Acting Coach Scotland
WHO ELSE WANTS TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL ACTOR IN THEIR SPARE TIME?
- Imagine performing at the world’s biggest theatre festival.
- Imagine 45 public performances - more than any other course in the UK.
- Imagine making THREE professionally produced film - with expert acting for camera tuition.
- Imagine confidently stepping onto a film set for the first time after graduation - ready to work.
Our unique, custom-designed SQA-approved diploma in acting for stage and screen can help you achieve your dream of becoming a professional actor, by training in your free time at weekends and in the evening.
Our students appear in major Hollywood blockbusters.
- We take people from all over the world, from all walks of life and train them intensively to give them the tools they need to thrive in the industry.
- Our mission is to treat you like professionals from Day 1, providing you with the practical tools, skills, knowledge and experience to go straight into the business on graduation.
The THREE YEAR PART-TIME DIPLOMA is broken down like this:
- YEAR ONE - Discover the tools and techniques that allow the professional actor to create believable and captivating performances. To do this, you'll have intensive improvisation, acting technique, voice and performance psychology coaching. You'll also perform a Live Improv Show and a One Act play and a 20 Minute Extract to a live paying public.
- YEAR TWO: Learn the tools of professional rehearsal techniques as you continue your acting technique classes. Prepare to perform on stage with TWO big theatre projects with two performances in Glasgow and 40 performances at the world's biggest theatre festival - The Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Classes in voice, accent, acting and the language of stage and screen continue your ongoing development throughout.
- YEAR THREE: You've learned the basics and you've experienced live stage performance in Glasgow and Edinburgh. This year, you'll specialise in acting for camera, receiving intensive tuition in acting for camera and you'll receive the chance to act in three short film projects. Classes in the voice and monologue work continued, along with a highly relevant course on the Business of Acting, preparing you for life as an actor, after your final SHOWCASE.
Our students appear in major BBC, HBO and Netflix TV Series.
"Beyond simply teaching the technique of acting, Acting Coach Scotland will help to shape your mindset and approach to acting in a no nonsense, practical way by focusing on the craft. The tools I developed in my year at ACS will be ones which I continue to use throughout my career as they are applicable to every piece of work I could hope for. It’s not an exaggeration to say that ACS taught me everything I know in regards to acting, and the knowledge and experience which they have to draw on is invaluable." - ADAM ROSS GREENE
"I had a chance to perform publicly in theatre productions, work with industry professionals on film sets, and be part of many other projects during this year. It’s been a ride! And I cannot be more grateful for my ACS family!" ANDREA LINHOVA
WHEN WILL THE CLASSES BE?
The course begins on Monday 17th September at 7pm.
Each student will receive 16 hours of coaching, but be expected to practise outside of this time. The classes will be held on Monday, Thursday and Friday evenings from 6:30-10:30pm and on Sundays for 4 hours.
There are regular vacations throughout the year.
ARE YOU WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR?
We're looking for creative, motived, committed individuals with original ideas and the determination to succeed in this most competitive industry.
We don't care how much perceived talent you have, we respect ability, but we love people that have the relentless energy of hard work, and can be part of a team.
The cost of professional actor training elsewhere is often as much as £10000+ per year. But with all our professional coaching, performances, Edinburgh Fringe, specialist tuition, 3 short films and voice training, you'd expect to pay a lot.
With us you pay just £220 per month and a £500 deposit.
HOW TO APPLY
We accept applications throughout the year and hold auditions regularly. The first stage is to fill out a part-time audition form, please contact our Administrator Haley Hartle by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - for an application in the first instance.
Auditions are held in our Glasgow Acting Studio, but you may also audition via Skype too.
The audition consists of interview and audition. And you are to prepare TWO contemporary monologues. These should be original interpretations of the script.
Unlike other places, we do not charge ANY audition fees.
what you'll learn
- Fundamental Acting Techniques
- Acting for Camera
- Voice and Accents
- Performance Psychology
- Industry Workshops and Masterclasses
- Public Performances
- Professional Film Making
I feel incredibly grateful for the support and training I have received over the last year. I felt fully prepared for my first professional job - which came only weeks after finishing the course.
what comes next...
Improve and increase your chances of gaining a coveted place at a UK or US Drama School with Drama School Audition Coaching at ACS.find out more
If you're a professional actor who needs help with a professional audition coming up, there's no better place to seek assistance in Scotland than ACS.find out more
Part-time acting and evening adult acting classes for everyone. Acting courses in Glasgow, Scotland.find out more
free pdfwritten by mark westbrook
One of the biggest obstacles to a successful acting career is the inner critic, the voice in your head, but there are many more.
In this free advice guide, Acting Coach and Performance Psychology expert Mark Westbrook outlines the most common inner obstacles to success and offers you insightful and practical tools for overcoming them.
fancy a chat?
We want to hear from you. If you have questions or queries, our Admin Team would love to answer them for you. Our office hours are typically Monday-Thursday, 3:30-9:30pm and 10am-2pm on Saturdays. Get in touch today.
- +44 (0)141 440 1272