Singing and Voice Workshop with Nikki Foster
Singing and The Voice
We are delighted to offer Acting Coach Scotland students an opportunity to participate in a series of workshops with singer and teacher Nikki Foster.
One of the key factors in building your career as an Actor is being multi-skilled. With the rise in popularity of Musical Theatre and Musical Television Series and Films, actors are being asked to demonstrate their singing ability.
We are delighted to offer Acting Coach Scotland students an opportunity to participate in a series of workshops with singer and teacher Nikki Foster. Nikki studied Music at Edinburgh Napier University and then at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, where she attained a Master of Music.
The 4 x 3 hour workshops with Nikki will explore and feature:
- Vocal Technique and Exercises
- Breathing Techniques and Exercises
- Connection to Lyrics and Storytelling through Song
- Connecting the Voice to Emotion
- Exploring improvised Sound and Self Awareness
- Exercises involving Confidence Building, Positive Self-Talk, and Challenging Negative Beliefs
- Group and Individual singing to convert Technique to Action
- Working as a Team and in Harmony
what you'll learn
- How to Build Confidence and Self Belief in Yourself and your Voice
- How to Embrace your Unique Vocal Identity
- How to Convincingly portray Emotion and Story through Song
- How to Appropriately Prepare your Voice for Work
- How to Appropriately Fill a Performance Space with your Voice
- How to Express Yourself Vocally
Before you book your place, please read our Booking Terms and Conditions.
Email our Admin Team to register your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Else Do you Offer?
Improve and increase your chances of gaining a coveted place at a UK or US Drama School with Drama School Audition Coaching at ACS.find out more
Part-time acting and evening adult acting classes for everyone. Acting courses in Glasgow, Scotland.find out more
If you're a professional actor who needs help with a professional audition coming up, there's no better place to seek assistance in Scotland than ACS.find out more
One of the biggest obstacles to a successful acting career is the inner critic, the voice in your head, but there are many more.
In this free advice guide, Acting Coach and Performance Psychology expert Mark Westbrook outlines the most common inner obstacles to success and offers you insightful and practical tools for overcoming them.