5-Day Acting for Camera Course at Acting Coach Scotland
16th-20th August 2021 (10am to 5pm)
Learn to Act on Camera with Studio Principal and Acting Coach Mark Westbrook
This 5-Day (In-Person) Acting for Camera course is for people aged 16+ who wish to develop their on-screen and on-set skills, knowledge and experience.
There are just 10 places available on this course, and early booking is advised, as we predict that this course will be extremely popular.
The course will involve a series of lessons, exercises, practical workshops, and discussions that will give the student real-life practical tools and techniques they need to develop their acting for camera skills.
Main elements of the class will include:
- Develop script analysis skills.
- Discover the most essential tools for a screen acting performer.
- Understand how directors use shots to tell the emotional journey of the story.
- Learn to make your own self-tape for auditions and receive feedback from a casting professional.
- Discover the central differences between acting for camera and acting on stage.
- Unlock the technical language of working on set.
- Most of all, you will act on camera every day, in monologues, improvisations, scenes and audition pieces.
Upon successful completion of a number of activities, the participant will receive an SQA Unit (8 points at SCQF Level 7) in Acting for Camera.
SQA Unit Learning Outcomes and (Assessments)
On completion of the Unit the participants should be able to:
Explain and describe the major principles of acting for the camera (There will be a Quiz!)
Demonstrate the development of the candidate’s individual on-screen performance skills (You will take part in lots of workshops)
Perform a short scene utilising appropriate acting for camera techniques effectively (you will do lots of scenes on camera!)
- Reflect on your experience (You'll keep a daily journal of your experience)