2 Page SCREENPLAY COMPETITION
Submit Now For Our 2019 Films
(Closing Date 1st August 2019)
NB: There is NO FEE for entering this competition.
CAN YOU TELL A GREAT STORY IN JUST ONE PAGE?
Every year, Acting Coach Scotland make short films with our full time acting students.
We are currently seeking an innovative 2 page script to produce with our full time students in Autumn 2019.
The winning writer will receive the £350 prize, plus associated publicity. Please see our terms and conditions below before submission.
Take a look at an example of one of our previous films:
As these films are intended to help our acting students train and to highlight their skills; there are some restrictions on the material submitted. Please read carefully.
The screenplay should be 2 pages maximum.
While the script is only 2 page, it should not lead to a film that is more than 3 minutes in length.
It should be set in a HOTEL ROOM.
There should be TWO characters and they should have a reasonably equal share of the film.
The gender and age of the actors shouldn’t be important to the story, however, if age is used, try to keep the characters in their mid 20s.
Entries to this competition that do not bear in mind this brief will not be considered.
Applicants may submit as many scripts as they like.
There are no fees payable for submitting to this competition.
Each screenplay should submitted separately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the link to FilmFreeWay.
The subject line of your submission should read 2 Page Screenplay Competition: #Title of Your Film.
For each submission, the writer will confirm in their email that they own all rights to the material they have submitted.
The submission will only be accepted in the PDF format.
The winning applicant will be notified by email by the 1st Sept 2019
HOW WILL THE WINNING SCREENPLAY BE SELECTED?
The Selection Panel will be made up of the Management Team from Acting Coach Scotland. All submissions will be read and reviewed by the Studio Director from Acting Coach Scotland, who is responsible for the Creative Content of the Full Time Acting Programme. The Studio Director will reduce the submissions to the top 10 scripts. Each member of the Selection Panel will read the top 10 scripts and select 1 script as their choice. A meeting of the Selection Panel will then choose the final winning script.
Before payment of the prize, the winning writer will confirm in their email that they own all rights to the material they have submitted.
Submission of the winning script and the payment of the prize to the writer buys the right for Acting Coach Scotland to produce the script for training and promotional purposes in perpetuity. No additional fees or costs will be paid to the writer.
General Terms and Conditions of This Competition
By reference these General Terms and Conditions expressly incorporate the Submission Requirements and the Eligibility and Guidelines set out above:
1. Remittance of the Entry Fee entitles you (“Entrant”) to participate in the Competition. Any form of entry other than as set out herein is void. The Promoters are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Submissions, which will be disqualified.
2. The submission process for the Competition opens from the 1st April 2019 and closes on the 1st August 2019 at 11:59PM hrs.
3. Submissions that do not comply with the Submission Requirements will be disqualified.
4. The decision of the Selection Panel on the eligibility of a Script or otherwise is final and binding. The Selection Panel reserve the right not to award the Prize(s) if in their sole opinion there is no Submission of sufficient merit.
5. The winner (“Winner”) will be notified by email by 1st September 2019. Failure to respond to the initial verification notification within seven (7) days, will result in the Winner being disqualified from the Competition and a new Winner may be chosen by the Selection Panel at their sole discretion and election.
8. Acting Coach Scotland (“Promoter”) offer no other prize and the prize winner must accept the prize in the form offered.
9. The Entrant hereby warrants and represents that (i) the Submission (including the Script) is wholly original to them; (ii) the Entrant is the present, exclusive and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Submission (including the Script) and has the unconditional power and right to present the Submission (including the Script) to the Promoter subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement; (iii) the Submission (including the Script) has not been produced, sold or optioned to any third party; and (iv) the Submission (including the Script) shall not infringe any law or regulation or third party right, including (but not limited to) the law of copyright, defamation or trademarks.
10. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoters harmless from and against all damages and liabilities suffered or incurred in connection with, resulting from or arising out of a breach by the Entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
11. The Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all of the Promoter's’ reasonable requirements.
13 By accepting the prize, the Winner shall enter into an agreement with Acting Coach Scotland to assign to Acting Coach Scotland the entire worldwide copyright and all other rights (including without limitation the underlying format rights therein) in and to the Winner’s Script, such assignment agreement to include a worldwide waiver of “moral rights” to the extent permissible by law.
14. Due to the nature of the competition, The Promoter shall produce numerous recorded film versions of this script for the purposes of training actors on the Professional Diploma course at Acting Coach Scotland. The Winner assigns the Promoter the right to show the film in part, or entirety in any format for any purpose that Promoter
15. Entrant shall execute and deliver such additional documents or instruments as are reasonably necessary to evidence or effectuate the terms of this Agreement.
16. The Promoters shall not be liable (jointly or severally) for any failure to comply with its obligations hereunder where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, technical, mechanical and electronic malfunctions, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
17. The Promoters accept no responsibility for lost, late, undelivered, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, incorrect or corrupted Submissions. The Internet is not a secure medium and information submitted via it may be accessed by third parties.
18. By entering the Competition, you acknowledge and agree that the Promoters and the Selection Panel receive numerous submissions of ideas, stories and scripts, and that your Entry into the Competition, and the ideas and stories embodied in the Submission, may be similar or identical to other material already received and/or developed by one or more of the Promoters and/or the Judges. You also agree that you are not entitled to any compensation or credit for use by Promoters and/or Judges of any such other material. Acting Coach Scotland only has an interest in producing the winning script.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to amend the Submission Requirements process from time to time.
20. This Agreement is personal to the Entrant. The Promoters shall have the sole right in their discretion (jointly and individually) to assign this Agreement in whole or in part to any third party.
21. The Promoters reserve the right to contact Entrants for additional information, if required.
22. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Competition constitutes consent to the Promoters and their agents to use the Winner’s names, likenesses, photographs, and/or personal information for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
23. The relationship between the Entrant and the Promoters is one of independent contractors. Neither party will represent that it has any authority to assume or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party, or to represent the other party as agent, employee, or in any other capacity, except as specifically provided herein.
24. Employees, officers, directors, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not) of the Promoters and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and advertising agencies, are not eligible to participate in the Competition or to win any Prize.
25. These Terms and Conditions and the Competition are governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
26. The Promoters reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition (and any of its terms) with or without prior notice for any reason.
27. By submitting a Submission all Entrants agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions.
28. Competition results will be posted publicly on the ACS Facebook Page.
29. Entry in the Competition is void where prohibited by the laws of the Entrant’s country of residence.