Glasgow Part Time Acting Classes
Our part-time students work on stage and screen. People laugh when you say you want to be an actor, but trust us, they soon change their tune when you start getting work.
But whether you're interested in an acting career, raising your confidence, meeting new people, or a creative experience, Stage 1 is the place to start.
Our Part-Time Acting Class (STAGES) Programme is designed for everyone, with classes suitable for all. The Part-Time (STAGES) Acting Programme is unique in Scotland, each STAGE builds to develop the learner's skills, experience and knowledge.
PLEASE CLICK THE VIDEO BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE
Gain confidence and lose your inhibitions in this practical class suitable for anyone. Discover the tools of acting in a fun, friendly, in the no-bullsh*t environment of the ACS Studio. No flowery nonsense, just practical acting classes.
You don't need any experience to take part, the classes suit people who:
Have no acting experience at all, but you’re interested in learning more.
Have some acting experience and you’d like to develop your skills.
Currently act and would value professional coaching to hone your skills further.
You can DOWNLOAD a PDF brochure for our Part-Time Acting Classes right here now.
You can register and pay for a class in THREE ways. You can pay in cash or by card at the Studio in advance, you can call the studio and make a payment by telephone, or you can purchase your place on the course below via Paypal (you do not need a Paypal account).
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM STAGE 1
- Receive an exciting introduction to the basics of acting technique
- Gain confidence in yourself and in front of others
- Meet new people with a similar interest
- Explore acting as a hobby or as a possible career
- Learn how to analyse a scene professionally
- Discover how to deliver believable performances that are compelling
- Explore our unique acting technique in a fun, friendly and safe environment
- Build rapport and chemistry with other actors on stage and screen
- Learn a new vocabulary of acting: that allows you to communicate with other actors and creatives
- Develop memorisation and line learning skills
- Discover the tools and techniques that professional actors use to create compelling performances.
- Act in scenes every week
- Explore the technique of Practical Aesthetics
- 20 Credit Points towards the Acting Coach Scotland Certificate in Acting
Before you book your place, please read our Booking Terms and Conditions.
STAGE 1 intro to acting
"I've been with ACS for just over two years, taking both private 1-2-1 tuition and group classes. I joined with no prior acting experience, and wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was a very practical approach to acting where the coaches continue to push you forward. It has been very challenging, and I've struggled quite a bit, but have always felt the studio and coaching team behind me. It is well priced, fits in with my schedule, introduced me to range of new, exciting people, and has given me the confidence to perform. Will continue to train here and be pushed further."Judy Alfreti
free pdfwritten by mark westbrook
One of the biggest obstacles to a successful acting career is the inner critic, the voice in your head, but there are many more.
In this free advice guide, Acting Coach and Performance Psychology expert Mark Westbrook outlines the most common inner obstacles to success and offers you insightful and practical tools for overcoming them.
fancy a chat?
We want to hear from you. If you have questions or queries, our Admin Team would love to answer them for you. Get in touch today.
- +44 (0)141 440 1272